It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas
A Christmas Long Ago
Gift giving became a tradition from the very first Christmas, when God delivered to the world the most magnificent Christmas gift possible: the baby Jesus. The Three Wise Men continued this tradition as they presented the baby Jesus with frankincense, gold and myrrh. Maintaining the tradition throughout history, people all over the world have given presents to their loved ones in celebration of the birth of Jesus. Keep the tradition alive this Christmas, as you present your loved ones with unique, meaningful Christmas gifts.
What Child is This?
There is something truly special about watching a child’s eyes light up at the sight of the many beautifully wrapped Christmas gifts under the tree on Christmas morning. Even young children understand, however, that the number of presents under the tree is not nearly as important as what is inside. Finding the perfect gift for a child can be challenging, especially if the budget is tight. Some unique gift ideas for children include:
- Personalized gifts: Personalize books with your child as the main character. Add his or her name to blankets, lunch boxes, pillows, stickers, furniture, toys, apparel, and stuffed animals. One really unique idea is to have your child’s photo made into a puzzle!
- Old fashioned toys: I’ll never forget the stories my grandparents told me about the old fashioned toys they used to play with. I’ve come to discover that children seem to be fascinated with unique objects from our past. Sock dolls and puppets, wooden cars, rubber band guns and sling shots, and even custom made pet rocks can delight your child this Christmas.
- Gifts that teach: Children love to learn and discover new things. Items like telescopes, chemistry sets, art supplies, models, and craft kits never seem to go out of style.
Rock Around the Christmas Tree!
When it comes to Christmas gifts, teenagers have got to be the hardest to shop for. Although it can be a challenge, there is nothing like giving your teenager a gift and receiving his or her approval for something done right- that doesn’t happen often to parents with teens! Some cool ideas that will have your teen giving you “knuckles” include:
- Gift cards galore: Teens love to buy things for themselves. It’s a sign of independence. There are gift cards available for just about every type of store on the planet. If you can’t decide, buy a prepaid credit card and watch your teens eyes really light up!
- Adventures: Let your teen experience something he or she has always dreamed of this Christmas! You can purchase gift certificates for things like flying lessons, race car driving/riding, balloon rides, scuba diving, and more!
Kissin’ By the Mistletoe
Create memories that your true love will treasure for eternity. Give unique meaningful gifts to your spouse/partner this Christmas.
- Sentimental Gifts: Have your wine glasses etched with your names, have a picture frame engraved and include a photo, schedule a weekend where you spent your honeymoon, have something handmade/ personalized, or repair something old.
- Experiences: Take a cruise, spend a romantic weekend in the mountains, explore caverns, or even take a hot air balloon ride!
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Tell us about the most treasured Christmas gifts you have ever received!
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to ChristmasGifts.com and a clickable link back to this page.